Your Eye Health Is So Important And Our Team Is Ready To Help
The University Eye Center is the eye health and vision care teaching facility of the Southern California College of Optometry at Marshall B. Ketchum University. The Jarnagin Primary Eye Care Center serves as the portal to a much larger eye and healthcare network. If you require additional services, your doctor will explain your options to you and assist with referrals to other specialty clinics within the University Eye Center at Ketchum Health or to other professionals within your health care network. Comprehensive vision and eye health examinations for all patients over the age of 16 are provided in this service. Younger patients are seen in the Pediatric Service.
What You Can Expect From a Comprehensive Eye and Vision Exam
Thorough, personalized visit where you will be asked:
- Your medical and eye health history
- To present all prescription glasses, contact lenses and sunglasses
- A list of all prescribed and over the counter medications and nutritional supplements
The following tests will be performed
- Visual acuity test
- Eye alignment
- Color vision screening
- Eye movement assessment
- External eye health exam
- Refraction (to ﬁne tune eyeglass prescription if needed)
- Tonometry (to test eye pressure)
- Pupil dilation and retinal photography for internal eye health exam
- Binocular vision testing ( eye-teaming)
- Visual ﬁeld screening (peripheral vision)
- Access to state-of-the-art technology and extensive specialty testing options.
If you require additional services, your doctor will explain your options to you and assist with referrals and co-management with other specialty clinics within the University Eye Center at Ketchum Health or to other health care professionals.
About Our Optical Showroom
Based on the recommendations received during your comprehensive eye and vision exam, you will work with one of our knowledgeable opticians with expertise in lens selection and lens treatments. You can also choose from a wide range of high-end and economical frames that ﬁt your needs. Learn more about our designer eyewear & contact lenses today.